Let us remember the service of our veterans, and let us renew our national promise to fulfill our sacred obligations to our veterans and their families who sacrificed so much so that we can live fee. ~Dan Lapinski
We are seeking veterans to visit with our hospice patients who are veterans. The goal of this program is to honor people for their service and to create opportunities to share experiences. Vet to Vet volunteers may assist with:
- Pinning ceremonies
- Record stories for the Veteran History Project
- Bring recognition gifts on holidays
- Provide companionship
- Assist families in applying for a presidential memorial certificate
Visits are typically 1-4 hours, every 1-2 weeks. Our patients are located throughout the Metro area and you can choose to visit people close to your home.
You do not need medical training. You just need a desire to help.
Find more information about our program, including an application, at http://www.fairview.org/hospicevolunteer.
- People Skills
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-4 hours per week every 1-2 weeks
- Health screening provided by Fairview
- Overnight/Vigil Hospice...
- Hospice Patient Support
- Military Veteran volunteer...
- Massage therapy volunteer
- Music Volunteer
- Volunteer Coordination/Human...
- Be a Summer Medical Explorer...
- Palliative Care Support Volunteer
- ARE YOU AN EMPTY NESTER?
- Pet therapy volunteer
- Nursing Home Patient Visitor
- PET THERAPY TEAMS