WINGS opperates a Domestic Violence Safe House where women and children come seeking safety and shelter. To provide for the emotional needs of the chilren, there are weekly groups for the kids in the evenings. The evenings usually have different themes. For example; one night could be game night, one night could be focused around the theme of cooperation.
The Coordinator of Children's Services will plan the activities. Volunteers participate in the activities to provide the children with more individual attention. Because the age ranges of the kids vary widely, often a smaller group is formed to adapt to the activity to the age group. However, ratios sometimes vary due to the unpredictable nature of families in this situation.
This is a great opportunity for people who enjoy very young children. Often there are enough babies and toddlers to designate a "nursery" where the volunteer assistant will comfort and cuddle the littlest ones.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Once a week for a 2 hour kid's group
- 40-hour Domestic Violence Training Required
- Arlington Heights Resale Store...
- Be a Friend - Become a Safe...
- Maintenance Volunteer
- Special Events and Fundraising...
- Logistic Center Volunteer
- Niles Resale Store Cashier
- Niles Resale Store
- Play with kids at our Domestic...
- Resale Store Volunteer
- Help Suburban Latinas flee from...
- Schaumburg Resale Store Cashier
- Answer the Crisis Line at our...
- Cook - Safe House Chicago Metro