Sarah's Hope Shelters utilize the talents of employment support volunteers to offer one-on-one assistance to adult women clients with employment-related activities like completing applications, creating resumes and cover letters, and interviewing skills.
- Sarah's Hope Hannah More: 12041 Reisterstown Rd, Baltimore, MD 21136
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work one-on-one or with small groups of residents on employment-related skills
- Arrive for sessions on time and prepared to provide instruction to clients
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to obtain necessary instruction materials
- Prepare lessons and assign "homework" as necessary
- Treat all participants and their opinions with respect, and keep all information given by participants confidential
- Complete a client attendance sheet and log after seeing each client
- Inform the Volunteer Coordinator or staff if participants are late, disruptive, or absent
- Sign in and out for the volunteer shift
- Volunteers must be at least 21 years of age, and be either currently employed or have previous professional experience
- Volunteers must complete an application and background check as well as attend an orientation prior to starting service
- Preferred: applicants with experience in teaching, psychology, nursing, child care, or working with low income populations, but we will consider all those willing to learn
- Commit to a weekly or biweekly shift
- Flexible days and times
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Seize the Night! - Join the...
- Serve Dinner to Homeless Women...
- Prepare Meals Off Site/Casserole...
- Employment Support Volunteer for...
- Bring and Prepare Weekend Lunch...
- Non-profit looking for skilled...
- Lifeskills and Parenting...
- Build your professional skills...
- After-School Tutor for Homeless...