Sarah's Hope utilizes the talents of volunteer adult education instructors to offer classes to homeless women in life skills, parenting, and job readiness. Instructors are critical to helping clients develop the skills necessary to be successful, self-sufficient, and ready to graduate from Sarah's Hope.
- Sarah's Hope Hannah More: 12041 Reisterstown Rd, Baltimore, MD 21136
Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct class of up to 8 participants in life skills, parenting, or job readiness
- Arrive for classes on time and be prepared to teach the appropriate curriculum
- Prepare lessons and assign "homework" as necessary
- Engage participants in discussion about their experiences with the relevant topics
- Treat all participants and their opinions with respect, and keep all information given by participants confidential
- Complete a weekly class log and attendance sheet
- Volunteers must be at least 25 years of age and female
- Volunteers must complete an application and background check as well as attend an orientation prior to starting service
- Preferred: applicants with experience in teaching, psychology, nursing, child care, or working with low income populations
- Commit to teach two hours per week for at least four weeks at a time
- Volunteers can teach a class series either every month or every other month
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week
- Must be female due to sensitive nature of class
- Seize the Night! - Join the...
- Serve Dinner to Homeless Women...
- Prepare Meals Off Site/Casserole...
- Employment Support Volunteer for...
- Bring and Prepare Weekend Lunch...
- Non-profit looking for skilled...
- Lifeskills and Parenting...
- Build your professional skills...
- After-School Tutor for Homeless...