Hospice Care of the Northwest is looking for caring volunteers in the Hillsboro, Forrest Grove, and Tualatin areas to bring companionship into the lives of others who really need it. Volunteering with hospice is a very special gift of companionship that will come back to you many times over. Come join our team!
*Contact Tammy to set up an appointment to meet for coffee and chat!
Hospice Care of the Northwest has opportunities for you to bring companionship into the lives of others who really need it. This very special gift of hospice companionship will come back to you many times over! Come join our team!
Hospice Volunteers may do one or more of the following activities with people who need companionship:
- sit and read
- hold the person's hand
- pet certified therapy visits
- play music
- discuss shared interests (i.e. music, books, comics, sports, news, politics, etc)
- play cards
- sit vigil with persons without family or while the family takes a break
- write letters to loved ones for people
- polish fingernails
- sit and be a compassionate presence - sometimes just having someone who cares near eases loneliness
- and more. ...
Your visits to others on hospice will enhance the quality of their life, no matter their circumstance. Every volunteer has something special to contribute.
For additional information about us, please visit at www.hospicecarenw.com
- Massage Therapy
- Hospice Care
- Music Therapy
- Animal Therapy
- Bereavement Support
- String Instrument
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-4 hours weekly
- 2 step TB Skin Test - Required & Provided