Asante Africa Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that promotes quality educational access and leadership development for children in East Africa (Kenya and Tanzania). Asante Africa Foundation believes in the power of knowledge as a catalyst to help young people create a future where they live their dreams. We achieve this vision through partnering with local families, educators and community members to create safe and healthy learning environments, strengthen teacher quality, enhance learning in the classrooms, provide merit-based scholarships, and leadership development. To learn more about Asante Africa Foundation please visit www.asanteafrica.orgPOSITION OVERVIEW The Graphic Designer creates visuals for Asante Africa Foundation's marketing campaigns, and other collateral in relation to the organization's events. This position is effective immediately and can become a long-term opportunity. ROLES AND R ESPONSIBILITIES
- Create graphics for marketing campaigns - Banners for website, blog, and sm platforms - Event graphics and print materials - Photo retouching - Collaborate with the marketing team on concepts and strategy - Assist the graphic designer in a variety of projects Preferred experience and skills in: - Indesign - Wordpress - Adobe (must have their own software) - Photoshop - Illustrator - Writing & Communicating - Preparing images for print & web - Meet short deadlines and work requirements under pressure. - Must be a team player and have a passion and commitment to assisting in the growth of a non-profit. - The ability to work from home and attend regular / weekly virtual meetings is a plus.
To be successful as a member of the Asante Africa Foundation team, you will also:
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact an up-and-coming nonprofit organization
- Be an innovative and creative thinker - you are not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Have a strong work ethic, take initiative, and require minimal direction
- Work well independently as well as part of a team
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
- Directly impact Asante Africa Foundation's efforts to fund education-related projects that enhance knowledge, skills, and opportunities for hundreds of children in East Africa and learn about successful international development programs
- Be part of a highly-motivated nonprofit organization run by majority volunteers and receive professional training
- Gain insight into the day-to-day operations of a nimble, results-orientated, high-growth nonprofit organization
- Build your resume and gain references for future employment opportunities
- Opportunity to work from the comfort of your own home or our Oakland office
How to Apply:
Please fill out an application at http://www.123contactform.com/form-1909920/Volunteer-Application
This is un-paid part-time internship position with an expectation of 10 hours per week, for six to nine months. This internship is in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Asante Africa Foundation Internship Agreement. Interns are not financially compensated but you will receive the benefits of a staff member having deliverables, performance reviews and training that will strengthen your resume significantly.
- Technical Writing
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-15 hours per week
- IT Systems Associate
- Survey Form Builder
- Program Proposal Writer
- SEO/SMO/Google Adwords Intern
- Report Writer - Monitoring,...
- Creative Writer Volunteer
- Co-Team Leader for University...
- Social Media Volunteer (USA Based)
- Fundraising | Partnership...
- Grant Writer
- Business Development and...
- WordPress Web Editor Volunteer
- Graphic Designer