Junior Graphic Designer
Asante Africa Foundation
Asante Africa Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that promotes quality educational access and leadership development for children in East Africa (Kenya and Tanzania). Asante Africa Foundation believes in the power of knowledge as a catalyst to help young people create a future where they live their dreams. We achieve this vision through partnering with local families, educators and community members to create safe and healthy learning environments, strengthen teacher quality, enhance learning in the classrooms, provide merit-based scholarships, and leadership development. To learn more about Asante Africa Foundation please visit www.asanteafrica.org POSITION OVERVIEW
The Junior Graphic Designer will work with our Creative Director on designing visuals for Asante Africa Foundation marketing campaigns, and other collateral in relation to the organization's events. This position is effective immediately and can become a long term opportunity. Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
● Create graphics for marketing campaigns.
● Banners for website, blog, and sm platforms.
● Event graphics and print materials.
● Photo retouching.
● Collaborate with the marketing team on concepts and strategy. ● Assist the graphic designer in a variety of projects
● Photoshop, Illustrator (Must have their own software), Indesign and Wordpress, a plus.
● Good writing and communicating skills.
● Preparing images for print and web.
● Meet short deadlines and work requirements under pressure.
● Must be a team player and have a passion and commitment to assisting in the growth of a non profit.
● The ability to work from home and attend regular/weekly virtual meetings.
To be successful as a member of the Asante Africa Foundation team, you will also:
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact an up-and-coming nonprofit organization
- Be an innovative and creative thinker - you are not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Have a strong work ethic, take initiative, and require minimal direction
- Work well independently as well as part of a team
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
- Directly impact Asante Africa Foundation's efforts to fund education-related projects that enhance knowledge, skills, and opportunities for hundreds of children in East Africa and learn about successful international development programs
- Be part of a highly-motivated nonprofit organization run by majority volunteers and receive professional training
- Gain insight into the day-to-day operations of a nimble, results-orientated, high-growth nonprofit organization
- Build your resume and gain references for future employment opportunities
- Opportunity to work from the comfort of your own home or our Oakland office
This is an unpaid, volunteer position. The position is for a specific project with an expectation of 5 -15 hours of work per week.
How to Apply:
Please fill out an application at http://www.123contactform.com/form-1909920/Volunteer-Application and send in your resume/CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Asante Africa Foundation
1141 Catalina Dr, Livermore, CA 94550, US
Asante Africa Foundation, Inc. is an East African Children's Education Fund. We are a nonprofit charitable organization dedicated to providing quality education to children in East Africa. Every child deserves an education and the opportunity to choose their future, regardless of the latitude or longitude in which they are born. Through education, every child can make their dreams a reality, help their families struggle less, and help their communities become self sustaining. Our Vision We envision African communities and families in which the children have the opportunity to received QUALITY education to define their futures. Our Mission Quality Education will be made available by providing physical infrastructures for all children attending school, providing teaching resources and educational materials and scholarships/sponsorships for highly motivated and academically gifted children.
We form partnerships with African communities and work with passionate local program managers who are deeply committed to creating change in their African villages. We envision African communities and families in which children have the opportunity to receive QUALITY education to define their futures. Generous contributions from Asante Africa Foundation donors bring these dreams to life.
Local villagers define their needs for achieving quality education, through infrastructures for all children attending school (such as construction of schools and sanitation facilities, serving a daily meal), providing teaching resources and educational materials, and funding scholarships / sponsorship for highly motivated and academically gifted children.
Asante is the Swahili word for thank you. We are thankful to be active members of the communities we serve and we are grateful to our donors who fund projects that bring opportunity, choice and possibility to African villages.