Help Seniors in Your Community!
Are you looking for a volunteer opportunity that makes a huge impact on your community and requires only a an hour or two of your time each week? Deliverying meals is a simple and effective way to help seniors in your community who are homebound due to age or disability. Many of our Meals on Wheels clients see but one face per day--that of our volunteers!
Delivering meals can also be a great team buildiing opportinity that only requires a group of two or more to get started. How's that for a power lunch?!
Volunteers use their own vehicle to deliver the meals between 10:30 a.m. and 12 p.m. Monday through Friday. We will work with you to find a day, pickup location and route close to your home or office. If committing to a weekly route is not for you, consider volunteering as a substiute or seasonally.
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours a week, 2 hours a month or as a Substitute
- Evening Suppers in Round Lake
- Talented Volunteers Needed
- Client Greeter and Child Helper
- Help Serve Lunch to Seniors in...
- Deliver Meals to Seniors in Lake...
- Evening Suppers in Highwood
- Help Serve Lunch at the...
- Emergency Assistance Phone Support
- Congregate Lunch Coordinator
- Make a difference. Be a Youth...