Help Seniors in Your Community!
Are you looking for a volunteer opportunity that makes a huge impact on your community and requires only a an hour or 2 of your time each week? Deliverying meals is a simple and effective way to help seniors in your community who are homebound due to age or disability. Many of our Meals on Wheels clients see but one face per day--that of our volunteers!
Delivering meals can also be a great team buildiing opportinity that only requires a group of two or more to get started. How's that for a power lunch?!
Volunteers use their own vehicle to deliver the meals between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Monday through Friday. We will work with you to find a day, pickup location and route close to your home or office. If committing to a weekly route is not for you, consider volunteering as a substiute or seasonally.
We are especially looking for volunteers in the west and northwest regions of Lake County, Illinois.
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 Hours a Week or as a Substitute
- Evening Suppers in Round Lake
- Diaper Drive Coordinator
- Help Serve Lunch to Seniors in...
- Deliver Meals to Seniors in Lake...
- Evening Suppers in Highwood
- Casework Filing Specialist
- Meals on Wheels - Round Lake/Fox...
- Host A Diaper Drive
- Talented Volunteers Needed
- Help with Children Needed!
- Meals on Wheels -...
- How 'Bout that Place Mat!
- Make a difference. Be a Youth...
- Meals on Wheels - Grayslake