Goal of the position: Interpret between food guests and staff and volunteers when necessary. Ensure food guests are informed correctly of policies and procedures.
**Key dates are to help the food bank roll out a new system for our waiting area. We will soon be requiring proof of disability and need help in making this process clear for our guests.
Hours: Wednesdays 8am - 12:00pm
Saturdays 8am -12:00pm
Length of Commitment: Minimum 3 hour shift preferred
Positions Available: 4-5
Position Availability: Every Wed. & Sat. 8am-2pm (flexible times)
**Key dates - June 19th, June 22, June 26, June 29
- **Aid in communicating changes in our line process for food distribution.
- Interpret for guests in a professional and respectful manner
- Answer questions, promote community/health/nutrition resources
- Ensure guests are informed of policies & procedures
- Educate guests about volunteer & intern opportunities
- Commitment to policies & procedures signed
With only three employees, our food bank could not operate without a cadre of committed, long-term community volunteers who contribute over 2,000 hours of service every month.
- Punctual, dependable, enthusiastic, flexible and positive attitude
- Outgoing and enjoys working with people and helping clients
- Must be able to work in both calm and fast-paced environments
- Comfortable with diverse populations in high energy settings
- Have a neat appearance and a friendly demeanor
- Multi-lingual in Chinese (preferably Cantonese), or Vietnamese
All applicants must fill out an application & are subject to criminal background check.
4205 Rainier Ave S
Seattle WA 98118
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment