16 people are interested
Interpreter/Translator - Food Bank Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Rainier Valley Food Bank
Please visit the new page to apply.
16 people are interested
Goal of the position: Interpret between food guests and staff/volunteers when necessary. Ensure food guests are informed correctly of policies and procedures as well as supporting them in communicating their needs.
Hours: Friday 9-11 and/or 12-2
Saturday 9-11 and/or 12-2
Length of Commitment: 3 month commitment preferred
Positions Available: 4-5
Position Availability: Every Friday. & Saturday. 9 am-2 pm (flexible times)
- Interpret for guests in a professional and respectful manner
- Answer questions, promote community/health/nutrition resources
- Ensure guests are informed of policies & procedures
- Educate guests about volunteer & intern opportunities
- Commitment to volunteer policies & procedures signed
- Opportunities for written translation available (remote or onsite)
With a small staff, our food bank could not operate without a cadre of committed, long-term community volunteers who contribute over 2,000 hours of service every month.
- Punctual, dependable, enthusiastic, flexible and positive attitude
- Outgoing and enjoys working with people and helping clients
- Must be able to work in both calm and fast-paced environments
- Comfortable with diverse populations in high energy settings
- Have a friendly demeanor
- Multi-lingual in Chinese (preferably Cantonese),Vietnamese, Ukrainian, or Russian
- Other desired languages: Spanish, Arabic, Thai, Lao, Somali, ASL
All applicants must fill out an application & are subject to criminal background check.
9021 Rainier Ave S
Seattle WA 98118
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Rainier Valley Food Bank
9021 Rainier Ave South, Seattle, WA 98118, US
Nourish with good food, empower with knowledge, and serve with compassion.
Rainier Valley Food Bank is Seattle's busiest food bank, serving an estimated 25% of all individuals seeking food assistance in Seattle. We are proud to provide fresh, healthy, nutritious, and culturally sensitive food to more than 8,000 guests every month.
As a low-barrier food bank, we pride ourselves on providing resources to all individuals in need who may come across our doorstep. Rainier Valley Food Bank also represents the only emergency food resource in Southeast Seattle.
9021 Rainier Ave SouthSeattle, WA 98118
July 12, 2023
- Customer Service
- Cantonese / Mandarin
- Cross-cultural Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Weekly or monthly commitment preferred