Thank you for your interest in Southern Care Hospice!
We have a variety of volunteer positions to choose from, and we are excited to show you how your skills and talents can be used to bring peace, comfort, and friendship to our patients and their families. If office work is your forte, we have a variety of office positions available as well, and always welcome a helping hand. Contact us for more information and let our Volunteer Coordinator assist you in choosing the right fit for you by personally matching your interests and passions to one of our clients needs! We look forward to hearing from you!
Here are some general ideas of positions where you can be of service:
- Assisting with office projects such as filing, answering phones, and running errands. Helping with health fairs, events, etc. Mailing information and correspondence to families, community members, medical offices, etc .
- Visiting area nursing homes and assisted living facilities for manicures, sing-a-longs, social functions, arts and crafts, or any other activity you would enjoy sharing with the wonderful residents.
- Friendly visits with our patients and providing meaningful activities such as reading, reminiscing, hairdressing, etc.
- Support for our Caregivers with loved ones at home. Meal prepping, light housework, etc. Visiting with a patient while the Caregiver runs an errand.
- Pet care such as feeding, dog walking, bathing, etc.
- Sewing for our Memory Pillow Project. Memory pillows are heart shaped pillows made from the clothing of a loved one by our volunteers to give to family members whose loved one has passed away. They can be made at the home of the volunteer and picked up once completed. All materials are furnished by Southern Care Hospice.
- Small home repairs
- Lawn Care
- Music Therapy
- Administrative Support
- Office Reception
- Massage Therapy
- Bereavement Support
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per month
- CPR Certification and Training Provided!