For information on our next volunteer orientation, please visit https://neworleans.dressforsuccess.org/get-involved/volunteer/
Volunteers are the lifeblood of Dress for Success New Orleans and we work hard to match our volunteers with their interests, in order to make their experience a rewarding one. We have several opportunities for you to contribute to our clients and community. Become a...
- Personal Shopper - You will provide this sensitive service to women needing clothes to enter the workforce. Creating a welcoming environment for clients, while engaging in meaningful conversation, will build their self-esteem and further prepare them for their interview.
- Clothing Sorter - As a Clothing Sorter you will assist in sorting suits and business separates for the boutique, steaming or ironing clothing and ensuring that the boutique is organized and properly stocked. Twice a year, in the spring and fall, there will be seasonal clothing switches.
- Career Center Specialist - You can help a client build a resume, write a cover letter, search and apply for jobs online and conduct mock job interviews, providing encouragement along the way.
- Special Events Volunteer - Dress for Success New Orleans holds a number of events throughout the year. As a volunteer, you will have the opportunity to help in various areas, including: set up and break down of the venue, greeting and registering guests, fundraising, and advocating on behalf of Dress for Success New Orleans.
- People Skills
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Inventory Management
- Life Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training