Are you more likely to be found in a local thrift store than a department store? Are you considering a volunteer opportunity but don't want a long-term commitment?
We're looking for someone who can spare five to six hours a week over the course of three or four weeks to coordinate the next edition of a valuable resource for residents of and visitors to York County who revel in resale!
The ideal candidate (or team) will identify and make personal contact with local businesses for inclusion in the White Rose Resale Guide, which promotes thrift shops, consignment stores, vintage co-ops, creative reuse artists and enterprises, and others.
Responsibilities will include
- Thorough online and "drive-by" research to identify participants
- Initial and follow up in-person, telephone and email contact w/business owners and management personnel to identify interest in a listing in the guide, provide pricing, etc.
- Compilation of list
- Create directory, including map, for both print and online versions
- Coordinate/provide files for printing
- Distribute finished product to locations listed in the directory
- Update online version of the directory (optional)
Qualities of the ideal candidate will include excellent interpersonal skills with confidence to interact pleasantly and professionally; in-person, direct sales and/or marketing a plus. Must be able to plan a scope of work, stay on task, and meet timelines in a self-motivated manner. Acute attention to accuracy is crucial. Should have working knowledge of Microsoft Excel to update the list of participants.
Ideal for volunteer who possesses familiarity with the greater Yorkarea. Requires reliable transportation and good driving record.
Must work cooperatively with Community Engagement office staff and present a pleasant appearance and demeanor when dealing with the public.
Vol Needed: 1-2
Min Age: 21
Hourly Commitment/Month: 20
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment