Exercise Your Leadership Skills. Join the Board of Directors!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where640 Highway 138 SWRiverdale, GA 30274
We are seeking board members to aid in furthering our mission.
The Board will support the work of MENS Wear, Inc. (MWI) and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by MWI's chief executive officer (CEO), the Board-CEO/President relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
Leadership, governance and oversight
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the President as s/he develops and implements MWI's strategic plan
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by MWI for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Approving MWI's annual budget and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the president and other board memebers
- Assisting the President in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Partnering with the President and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing MWI to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring MWI's commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities MWI serves
MWI's Board Members will consider MWI a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that MWI can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, MWI expects to have 100 percent of Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity.
MWI Board Members will serve a rotartining one - three-year term. Board meetings will be held quarterly and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about MWI's mission and who has a track record of board leadership. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members.
This is a volunteer opportunity.
- Capacity Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Project Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- IT Consulting
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours a month