Yoga Instructor - JASA Shorefront Senior Center
12 people are interested
Regular exercise is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle. Lead a weekly yoga class for seniors to help keep them active.
- Lead a group of seniors in a weekly yoga class
- Create routines suitable for varied physical abilities
- Communicate effectively and courteously with JASA seniors and staff
- Exercise or yoga certification
- Experience leading seniors in exercises
- Experience with group yoga or exercise classes
- Knowledge of light yoga techniques
- Comfortable leading a group of varying skill levels.
- Minimum commitment of one day a week
- Class meets Wednesdays 10 AM, timing is flexible
- Ongoing opportunity
- Maintain professional behavior at all times and adhere to JASA’s volunteer policies
Founded in 1968, JASA's mission is to sustain and enrich the lives of the aging in the New York metropolitan area so that they can remain in the community with dignity and autonomy. JASA is one of New York's largest and most trusted agencies serving older adults in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens.
We'll work with your schedule.
3300 Coney Island AveBrooklyn, NY 11235
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Fitness Instruction
- People 55+
- once a week, weekdays