Type: Volunteer Position
- 4 hrs/day in the evening from 4 pm to 8 pm on Monday to Thursday
- 1 hr on Friday morning
- During summer (June 17- August 09), presence during the day time is required instead of evening.
Position Description: Lauren's House 4 Positive Change is looking for an Administrative Assistant, who will be at the front desk and will act as the face of the organization.
This is a volunteer position that works as a member of Lauren's House 4 Positive Change Team and requires participation in regular staff meetings and trainings, and has the potential for some telecommuting. The candidate is requested to have his/her own laptop and communications tools. In return for the volunteer hours, the benefits to the volunteer candidate may include: job reference letter/recommendation from the Chief Executive Officer of Lauren's House 4 Positive Change or the immediate supervisor, experience gained while volunteering on various projects, networking opportunities, and current resume entry. Most importantly, you will be helping the organization work towards its mission.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assume receptionist duties, greet public and refer them to appropriate staff members, answer phone, route calls, and take messages
- Maintain front desk area and keep the office space organized
- Assist staff and volunteers with administrative duties and materials as needed and requested
- Getting the attendance sheets signed in and signed out by the program volunteers and staff
- Mark the attendance of youth at Lauren’s House on daily basis
- Cooperate in the collection, maintenance, and/or modification of data collection system
- Perform data entry on a regular basis and compile statistical information as requested
- Assist with completion of necessary statistical reports as requested
- Distribute incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail and email including bulk mail.
- Type and process documents as needed.
- Order office supplies, maintain, and monitor inventory (if needed).
- Maintain appropriate interpersonal relationships with other staff, volunteers, youth, and parents.
- Facilitate special event registration and execution
- Attend staff meetings, trainings and events on and off-site.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualities and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, preferred.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with Google Docs will be preferred.
- Knowledge of general office machines and telephone system will be preferred
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and commitment to professional ethics
- Ability to work with people from diverse background
- Ability to work effectively and independently and also in a team in a growing
- Retired people who want to stay engaged in community work are encouraged to apply
Lauren's House 4 Positive Change is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Executive Admin
- Office Management
- Office Reception
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check