Docents at the Adriana Hess Audubon Center greet park and center visitors five days a week, Monday through Friday, from 10am to 1pm. They answer phones, greet guests, handle mailings, sell goods in our small nature shop, and answer bird-related questions, call to welcome new members, and are an essential to running the Audubon Center and providing open hours for visitors.
Docents work both independentally and alongside staff and committees to support the mission of Tahoma Audubon.
Docents sometimes also help outdoors with restoration, planting and weeding projects and volunteer work parties in the park.
We currently have limited shifts available and are primarily looking for people to work 1-2x/month and as substitutes.
- Office Reception
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Education
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hour shift once per month minimum
- friendly disposition and interest in birds/nature
- Birding Class & Workshop...
- Urban Nature Walk Guides
- Bird Walk Guides
- Morse Force Educators/Docents
- Conservation Committee Members
- Native Plant Walk Guide
- Thelma Gilmur Education...
- Program Chair- Speaker Series
- Membership Committee Members
- Habitat Restoration Work Party -...
- Adriana Hess Audubon Center...
- Public Relations & Marketing
- Community Scientists
- Morse Force Wildlife/Property...