Workshop Coordinator Assistants
DONATE TO THIS
39 people are interested
Provides administrative support to the Workshop Coordinators in an after school leadership development program.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
(Performs duties and responsibilities under the direct supervision of the Workshop Coordinator)
- Supports the Workshop Coordinator in the operation and administration of the workshop sessions
- Provide assistance as needed to facilitators and speakers
- Assist with room arrangement and setup
- Assist with maintaining order and youth participation
- Assist Workshop Coordinator with tracking the attendance of participants
- Submit a summary of speaker presentations to Workshop Coordinator
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Some experience working with youth in community organizations
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable working with diverse populations
- Willingness to respond positively to youths and presenters needs as they arise
Note: The sessions are held in the afternoon in local middle schools in Kennesaw and Acworth. Must be able to volunteer from 3:30-6:15 pm on Tues and Wed.
About Destiny's Daughters of Promise Inc.
975 Cobb Place Blvd. Suite 101, Kennesaw, GA 30144, US
Our Mission: Preparing teen girls for college, careers and a life of bold success. We refuse to allow our girls to accept being bullied, abused or ignored.
Destiny’s Daughters of Promise is a Georgia-based, nonprofit organization with a mission to provide a safe environment where teen girls can come and learn strategies to become confident leaders and contributing members of society. We offer services that promote leadership development, strong interpersonal skills, financial literacy, healthy relationships, community involvement and basic life skills. Program activities are designed to prepare teen girls for transition into healthy and independent adults. We aim to prepare teens for college, careers and to serve in the community.
The greatest strength of the program is that girls receive training, adult guidance and leadership development on a weekly basis during the school year. They also learn how to give back to their communities by participating in relevant service projects. Program leaders committed to providing programs and opportunities for teen girls that would help them excel in leadership, community involvement, education, and personal growth and development.
The services are provided to middle and high school girls. This age group is particularly vulnerable and are most in need of the services offered. Participants are referred by teachers, counselors and school administrators.
We'll work with your schedule.
In and around KennesawKennesaw, GA 30144
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-8 hours per week