Heartland Volunteers offer warm hearts, listening ears and lots of sincere care and compassion to our patients and their families. Volunteers choose how much time to give to Heartland based upon patient needs and individual availability. There are four levels of volunteering to choose from at Heartland Hospice. Volunteers may serve in multiple roles.
1) Friendly Visitor Volunteer :make friendly visits with hospice patients and their families in their home and home-like settings (nursing home, assisted living facility)
2) Professional/Licensed Volunteer :licensed professionals (beauticians, pet therapists, etc.) who donate their time and professional services to hospice patients and families
3) Bereavement Volunteer :friendly visitor volunteers who are given additional training to support those bereaved family members/friends of patients who have died.
4) Vigil Volunteer :friendly visitor volunteers who are trained to be present with patients in the final moments of their life. This may be due to lack of family support or giving the family a "break" from sitting at bedside.
*All volunteer training is free and can be flexible to your scheduling needs*
*One office is located at 719 Indiana Drive, Erie, PA 16505 but we also have an office at 3871 E. State St in Hermitage, PA. Volunteer opportunities are available throughout the Erie, Crawford, and Mercer County areas*
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Varies according to patient needs