Provide rides for those who lack access to transportation and help them breakdown a barrier to rising out of poverty. Rides are provided for employment, critical medical appointments, and quality of life activities for seniors.
If you have a few hours available during the week, a valid driver's license and are at least 21 years of age, you can help!. Volunteers can drive either an agency vehicle or their own car and shifts are available from 7 a.m. through 7 p.m. weekdays and on Saturday. Volunteers can provide services from one of three current office locations (Fort Worth, Arlington and Colleyville),
Hundreds of our neighbors in Fort Worth, Arlington and Northeast Tarrant County reach out daily with mobility needs such as: Doctor's Appointments; Employment Opportunities; Dialysis Treatments and Senior Centers. Catholic Charities' Transportation program provides service outside the public transportation system's hours of operations and routes to bridge the gap for needed transportation services.
For volunteers passionate about transportation, but who aren't able to serve as a driver, there are other needs for transportation volunteers, including: providing customer service (accepting ride requests) as well as vehicle stewards and clerical help.
- Bus/Van Driving
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per week
- Must have insurance, pass a drug screening and attend approximately 10 hours of training.
- ESL/CIVICS Assistant
- Administrative Professionals...
- Skip the gym and help with...
- Be a Career Coach!
- Help Refugees Learn English!
- Become a Foster Parent for...
- Mentor for Refugee Youth
- Drivers needed to provide lifts...
- Walk alongside Refugees & help...
- Tutor Non-Traditional College...
- Help give the Homeless in our...
- Assist with Child Care during...
- Be the Voice of Compassion- Hope...