The House of Ruth's Gateway Project is an Abuser Intervention Program that aims to increase the safety of victims of domestic violence by holding batterers accountable and teaching non-violent, relationship skills. Those accepted into the program are required to attend a weekly 90-minute group session for a total of 22 weeks. Groups for men are co-facilitated by a male/female team and are conducted 4 days each week.
- Conduct one-on-one interviews with men applying to the Gateway Project (most of whom are court-ordered based on an assault conviction)
- Complete a written assessment of each applicant interviewed.
Two 3 to 4 hour shifts a month available during the day or evening
- Must be able to be assertive with applicants
- Good listening and note taking skills
- Interviewing experience is a plus (but not required)
- Dependability is a MUST for scheduling purposes.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- weekly commitment