Braille Institute has a special program for the deaf/blind on Fridays. We are in need of volunteers fluent in ASL to interpret for our students in various classroom settings. Classes include: American Sign Language (for our students only) Independent Communication Independent Living Skills iPhone Basketry Computer Cooking Mosaic Tile Occassionally we have a deaf/blind student for a particular class on other days of our work week.
- American Sign Language
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months for 2 to 5 hours on Fridays
- Library Circulation
- Library Technology Volunteer
- Telephone Reader Program
- Bilingual English/Spanish...
- Creative Arts Classroom Assistant
- Receptionist or Clerical Volunteer
- Braille Publishing-Braille...
- Sewing or Quilting Classroom...
- Practice your ASL while...
- Operations Assistant for...
- Vision Connect- 1-800-BRAILLE...