Help enhance the library’s services to English language learners by facilitating an English Conversation Club at Hillview Branch Library.
The goal of the ESL Conversation Club program is to create an opportunity to practice English conversation skills in a welcoming, fun and respectful environment. The Club focuses on conversation over writing and/or reading, although these two facets may be incorporated based on participant requests. This is a great opportunity to meet some amazing members of our community and empower them to connect more with each other, library resources, and other support that they could use.
If you are over 18 years of age, you will need to be fingerprinted (at the library's expense).
Specialized training will be provided to new Facilitators. The Library also provides books, materials and games you can use in the Club and can make copies you want to use in class.
Skills and abilities:
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Good listener
- Comfortable with getting to know you activities (such as icebreakers)
1-2 hours a week for a minimum of 3 months
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum commitment of 3 months, 1-2 hours a week
- Resume and Job Search Coach
- Bilingual Reader to Children -...
- Chess Club Volunteer
- Youth Programs Volunteer -...
- Tech Mentor/Computer Genius at...
- Help fight hunger in your...
- Homework Club Volunteer
- Summer Volunteer Opportunities...
- Like books and quiet? Be a...
- Library Services Volunteer
- Help adults practice their...
- Homework Club Leader
- Help Prevent Summer Reading Loss...