Cleveland Clinic Emergency Department provides a unique volunteer experience in a fast-paced environment which creates a great volunteer opportunity for anyone 18 and over; but especially for students to volunteer in a hospital environment in the evening or on a weekend.
Emergency Department Volunteers:
- Transport patients and escort visitors within the ED
- Provide comfort measures to patients and visitors
- Round in the lobby
- Provide updates to patients and visitors
- Visit with patients and visitors
- Answer patient call lights and communicate needs to nursing staff
Time commitment: 2 - 4 hours; weekly; minimum of 9 consecutive months. Volunteers are needed between 11 AM and 11 PM, Sunday through Saturday.
Training is conducted during business office hours, Monday through Friday, between 8 AM and 4 PM.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2, 3, 4 hour weekly shift to equal 75 hrs in 9 mos
- Must be able to stand/walk for majority of shift