119 people are interested
Hospice Volunteers Needed: New Haven County
Please visit the new page to apply.
119 people are interested
AccentCare, formerly known as Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care, is looking for compassionate individuals who are willing to give their time to support patients and families dealing with terminal illness.
The following outlines basic information about our current volunteer opportunities:
* Patient Care Volunteers - Offer companionship, a calming presence, and relief care. Reading, reminiscing, looking through photo albums, and light conversation with our patients and families.
* Spiritual Care Volunteers - Provide a compassionate spiritual presence through poetry, special readings, prayer and meditation. May also support the needs of our growing bereavement team.
* Office or Administrative Care Volunteers - Support the many different administrative roles in the office. Help with filing, mailings, packets, medical supply stock, and other special projects during office hours.
* Circle of Care Volunteers - Engage with our hospice community by providing a weekly quality assurance phone call to our home patients. Customer service experience a plus. Can be done in the comfort of your own home.
* Veteran to Veteran Volunteers - Offer companionship and presence to those who have served in the United States Armed Forces. Sharing "war stories", participate in We Honor Veteran Ceremonies, engage in life review or Veteran’s history project, and replacing of lost medals.
* Musical Companion Volunteers - Partner with our Music Therapist to provide harmonious and relaxing melodies that bring joy and enhance quality of life.
* Complementary Therapy Volunteers - Individuals who practice Reiki, Yoga, Therapeutic Touch, Massage or Aroma Therapy. Must be licensed and/or certified within your specific area.
* Loyal Friends Pet Team - Bring fury smiles to our patients and families through our Animal Assisted Visitation and Companionship Team. Handlers must join our volunteer program. Pets must be registered/certified with Pet Partners, TDI, or other accredited therapy dog association.
Comprehensive volunteer orientation, health screenings, and training is required and provided free of charge. As a member of our Hospice Interdisciplinary Team, ongoing support, and education opportunities are also available.
The time commitment for volunteering is flexible and based on the individual’s availability. Most correspondence can be done by phone, mail, or email, eliminating the need to come to the offices on a regular basis. AccentCare serves most of Connecticut which provides ample opportunities in your local area.
Should you or someone you know be interested in Volunteering or Interning with AccentCare, please visit https://accentcare.com/volunteer/ or contact our Manager of Volunteer Services & Community Outreach, Alexa Isenhart, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-490-1155. We would be honored to speak with you about the many opportunities we have available and how you can make difference within your community.
1579 Straits Turnpike, Unit 1-E, Middlebury, CT 06762, US
Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care and AccentCare have united as one. Together we're reimagining care to transform health care - and our patients' lives - for the better.
AccentCare is a national leader in home health services, personal care services, and hospice care, with innovative partnerships and care models that advance the industry forward. We connect the entire home care continuum - from personal care, medical and non-medical home health, hospice and palliative care, rehabilitation therapy and care management services.
We are driven to provide patients and families with easier access to personalized, high-quality care. AccentCare’s proven operational excellence, paired with compassionate care teams, allows us to deliver consistent, high-quality outcomes for our patients and physician referral partners.
We have the honor of working with more than 60 of the country’s most prestigious health systems, physician practices and joint venture partners to provide care to more than 200,000 patients and their families each year. AccentCare brings together innovation, technology and clinical excellence to reimagine care.
New Haven Areanear your home or officeNew Haven, CT 06511
March 21, 2022
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Elder care
- Literacy / Reading
- Hospice Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5 - 15 hours a month