2018 PJ Work Days
Because of sometimes limited space and supplies (scissors etc.) we are not accepting groups at this time.**All these dates are from 9am-2pm at Bethlehem Lutheran Church 925 Balour Dr. Encinitas Feb. 24 March 24 April 28 May 26 June 23* (Date was changed from June 30th due to work room needs) July 28 Aug. 25 Sept. 29
For more info about the PJ Project go to our Facebook page
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Help create PJ Kits and/or sew pajamas and PJ pants for local charities in need of warm handmade flannel pajamas. Join us these dates from 9:00am-3:00pm to cut, sew and assemble pajama kits. Whether you sew or don't sew, have an half-hour or five hours to give, we have something for you to do!
Volunteer Opportunities: Donating funds for flannel and PJ kit supplies, wash eight yard-long bolts of flannel, sew, cut patterns, donate or provide lunch for approx. 15-20 volunteers, set up, break down. Volunteer groups welcomed. Best size group is 5 people. If you have a group larger than 5 people, please contact us - we can put you into shifts.
Who receives our special handmade Pajamas?
Below are just some of the organizations that benefit from the Pajama Projects warm cozy pajamas. 2017 found families in need after the wildfires in Santa Rosa. Occasionally we reach out to those who are going through a sudden unexpected event in their lives.
- Casa de Amparo Teen Shelter, Vista
- Domestic Abuse Shelter, Encinitas
- Foothill H. S. Teen Pregnancy, San Marcos
- Mental Health Family Recovery Center, Oceanside
- Storefront Homeless Teen Shelter, Hillcrest, San Diego
- Women's Resource Center, Oceanside
- Eunime Inc. Support for families living with HIV/AIDS, Tijuana
- Headstart Preschools throughout county of San Diego
- Military Outreach Ministry, Camp Pendleton
- Santa Rosa, CA Fire Victims c/o Crossing the Jordan
- Saint Andrews Food Bank, Encinitas
- Special families in need due to illness, grief
- Bethlehem Secret Santa Program, Encinitas
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 10
- Stay for an half-hour or stay the whole day.
- We will add you to our email list and when we get close to the date we will email you a reminder. TY