Work on a team to facilitate the running of Kids Room, as special place just for kids aged 0-8. Interact with children and their families as they learn through play. Engage young guests with fun, hands-on activities and support the daily operation of this early childhood space.
Support children’s learning through play
Lead hands-on science, math, art, engineering, and literacy activities
Provide excellent customer service
Assist with cleaning and maintenance tasks within the Kids Room
Experience working with young children in a group setting
Friendly, pleasant demeanor; at ease with people of all ages, but especially young children
Ability to stand for periods of time up to one hour
Ability to work with children at their eye level (i.e., ability to get onto floor and get up again)
Training: Provided by Kids Room staff under the Early Learning Supervisor
Schedule: Four-hour shifts are available Tuesdays-Sundays. Volunteers must be able to commit to one shift per week. (Add Mondays, from March-August).
Please visit marylandsciencecenter.org for further information and application forms. All volunteers must submit an application, and volunteer appointments are by interview only. All applicants (over the age of 18) must complete a background check and orientation session, prior to volunteering.
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One 4-hour, weekday shift per week
- Exhibit Shop Assistant: Help...
- Bus Greeter: Busloads of fun!
- Lobby Ambassador/IMAX Theater...
- Kids Room Educational Materials...
- Kids Room Educator: Teach,...
- Planetarium eBay Specialist
- SciLab Assistant: Help young...
- Exhibit Facilitator: Assist...
- Ticket Agent
- Camp-In Volunteer
- Science Educator: Inspire the...
- Science Store Cashier
- Group Mailing Assistant: Help...
- Observatory Assistant: Share...
- Exhibit Fabricator
- Kids Room Upkeep Assistant