Work on a team to facilitate the running of Kids Room exhibit. Interact with children (0-8) and their families as they learn through play, engage young visitors with fun hands-on activities and support the daily operation of the early childhood exhibit.
Support children’s learning through play on our exhibit floor
Lead hands on science, math, art, engineering, and literacy activities
Provide excellent customer service for our visitors
Assist with cleaning and maintenance tasks within our exhibit
Experience working with young children in a group setting
Friendly, pleasant demeanor
Ability to stand for periods of time up to one hour
Ability to work with children at their eye level (i.e. ability to get onto floor and get up again)
Training: Provided by Kids Room staff under the Early Learning Supervisor
Schedule: Four-hour shifts are available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays or Fridays. Volunteers must be able to commit to one shift per week.
Please visit marylandsciencecenter.org for further information and application forms!
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Special Needs
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One 4-hour, weekday shift per week
- Exhibits Shop Assistants: Help...
- Bus Greeter
- IMAX Theater Usher: Volunteer...
- Kids Room Educational Materials...
- Kids Room Educator: Teach, learn...
- Planetarium eBay Specialist
- SciLab Assistant: Help young...
- Lobby Ambassador
- Exhibit Facilitators: Assist MSC...
- Ticket Agent
- Science Educators! Inspire the...
- Science Store Cashier
- Group Mailings: Help MSC stay...
- Observatory Assistant:Share your...
- Traveling Science Media...
- Exhibits Fabricators
- Kids Room Upkeep Assistants