The Science Store is looking for assistance selling science related books, DVDs, science kits, games and more. Help visitors choose souvenirs to ensure they always remember their trip to MSC!
Operate the cash register
Stock and price products
Straighten and maintain store displays
Assist customers as needed
Excellent customer service skills
Patience working with children and large groups
Previous cash handling and/or retail experience a plus
Ability to stands for extended periods of time
Occasional light lifting
Training: Provided by Science Store management and staff
Schedule: Shifts are available Tuesday-Sunday
Please visit marylandsciencecenter.org for further information and application forms. All volunteers must submit an application; volunteer appointments are by interview only. All applicants must complete a background check and orientation session, prior to volunteering.
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Customer Service
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer shift are typically 4 hours
- Exhibits Shop Assistants: Help...
- Bus Greeter
- IMAX Theater Usher: Volunteer...
- Kids Room Educational Materials...
- Kids Room Educator: Teach, learn...
- Planetarium eBay Specialist
- SciLab Assistant: Help young...
- Green Roof Assistants
- Lobby Ambassador
- Exhibit Facilitators: Assist MSC...
- Ticket Agent
- Science Educators! Inspire the...
- Science Store Cashier
- Group Mailings: Help MSC stay...
- Observatory Assistant:Share your...
- Traveling Science Media...
- Exhibits Fabricators
- Kids Room Upkeep Assistants