SCIENCE STORE CASHIER
The Science Store is looking for volunteers to assist in selling science related books, DVDs, science kits, games, and more. Help guests choose souvenirs to ensure they always remember their trip to the Maryland Science Center.
Operate the cash register
Stock and price products
Straighten and maintain store displays
Assist customers as needed
Excellent customer service skills; at ease with people
Great patience working with children and large groups
Previous cash handling and/or retail experience a plus
Ability to stand for extended periods of time
Occasional light lifting
Training: Provided by Science Store management and staff
Schedule: Shifts are available Tuesday-Sunday
Please visit marylandsciencecenter.org for further information and application forms. All volunteers must submit an application, and volunteer appointments are by interview only. All applicants (over the age of 18) must complete a background check and orientation session, prior to volunteering.
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Customer Service
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer shift are typically 4 hours
- Exhibits Shop Assistant: Help...
- Bus Greeter: A busload of fun!
- Lobby Ambassador/IMAX Theater...
- Kids Room Educational Materials...
- Kids Room Educator: Teach,...
- Planetarium eBay Specialist
- SciLab Assistant: Help young...
- Green Roof Assistant
- Kids Room Costume and Fabric...
- Exhibit Facilitator: Assist...
- Ticket Agent
- Science Educator: Inspire the...
- Science Store Cashier
- Group Mailing Assistant: Help...
- Observatory Assistant: Share...
- Exhibits Fabricator
- Kids Room Upkeep Assistant