Help the thousands of school children that visit MSC have the best field trip possible! Bus Greeters board arriving buses and inform students, teachers and chaperones of the Science Center’s guidelines, provide a brief overview of exhibits and assist teachers/chaperones with the check-in process.
Board buses and greet visitors
Help students safely exit their bus and enter the building
Assist teachers/chaperones with check-in
Inform visiting groups about MSC rules, exhibits, show times, etc.
Excellent communication and customer service skills
Patience working with school-aged children
Foreign language skills, a plus, especially Spanish
Ability to stand for extended periods of time
Training: Provided by Guest Services
Schedule: Shifts are available Tuesday-Friday, 9:00am-12:00pm, during the school year only, October-June
Please visit marylandsciencecenter.org for further information and application forms. All volunteers must submit an application; volunteer appointments are by interview only. All applicants must complete a background check and orientation session, prior to volunteering.
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Mornings, Tuesdays-Fridays, October-June
- Exhibits Shop Assistants: Help...
- Bus Greeter
- IMAX Theater Usher: Volunteer...
- Kids Room Educational Materials...
- Kids Room Educator: Teach, learn...
- Planetarium eBay Specialist
- SciLab Assistant: Help young...
- Lobby Ambassador
- Exhibit Facilitators: Assist MSC...
- Ticket Agent
- Science Educators! Inspire the...
- Science Store Cashier
- Group Mailings: Help MSC stay...
- Observatory Assistant:Share your...
- Traveling Science Media...
- Exhibits Fabricators
- Kids Room Upkeep Assistants