Help the thousands of school children that visit MSC have the best field trip possible! Bus Greeters board arriving buses and inform students, teachers and chaperones of the Science Center’s guidelines, provide a brief overview of exhibits and assist teachers/chaperones with the check-in process.
Board buses and greet visitors
Help students safely exit their bus and enter the building
Assist teachers/chaperones with check-in
Inform visiting groups about MSC rules, exhibits, show times, etc.
Excellent communication and customer service skills
Patience working with school-aged children
Foreign language skills, a plus, especially Spanish
Ability to stand for extended periods of time
Training: Provided by Guest Services
Schedule: Shifts are available Tuesday-Friday, 9:00am-12:00pm, during the school year only, October-June
Please visit marylandsciencecenter.org for further information and application forms!
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Mornings, Tuesdays-Fridays, October-June
- Bus Greeter
- IMAX Theater Usher: Volunteer...
- Kids Room Educational Materials...
- Exhibits Assistants: Great...
- Kids Room Educator: Teach, learn...
- Planetarium eBay Specialist
- Development Assistant
- SciLab Assistant: Help young...
- Lobby Ambassador
- Exhibit Fabricator and Finisher:...
- Archives Assistant: Photograph...
- Exhibit Facilitators: Assist MSC...
- Ticket Agent
- Camp-In Volunteer
- Exhibits Prototyper and Fabricator
- Science Educators! Inspire the...
- Science Store Cashier
- Group Mailings: Help MSC stay...
- Observatory Assistant:Share your...
- Traveling Science Media Assistant