Sixth Day Dance is a non-profit dance company that uses professional dance works for the purpose of impacting people of all cultures in a positive and uplifting way. We are a dance company devoted to bridging the gap through dance between typically abled and (dis)abled peoples.
Sixth Day Dance is a 501 3(c) non-profit, tax-exempt organization, supported and operated by a team of dedicated volunteers to support our mission. We are looking for energetic and committed Grant Writer Specialist to help achieve our goals.
The Grant Writer Specialist will:
* Be responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources; research, develop and write grant proposals and grant applications for Sixth Day Dance funding.
* Report to the Executive Director, having grant writing responsibility for Sixth Day Dance Programs.
* Create, maintain and adhere to a calendar of Sixth Day Dance Grant proposals and applications
* Be responsible for persuasively communicating an accurate written representation of Sixth Day Dance in a manner that guides and supports Sixth Day Dance’s mission.
* Develop, maintain, and support strong relationships with any potential grant funding contacts.
* Prioritize projects to keep multiple grants projects moving in a timely manner; meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals and applications.
* Be responsible for communicating effectively and openly with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and other volunteers; enabling, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for grant proposal and application execution.
* Maintain passion for Sixth Day Dance’s mission, have integrity and a positive attitude, and be self-directed.
* Be an ambassador and represent Sixth Day Dance values within the larger community and within business/professional circles.
* Have the ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people. * Be able and willing to give 10-12 hours of your time per month to Sixth Day Dance. * This is a voluntary position with no remuneration.
The primary qualification for Sixth Day Dance’s Grant Writer Specialist is passion and commitment to our mission. In addition to this qualification, we are searching for a Grant Writer Specialist who has:
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate writer with compelling research and composition skills
* Strong organizational abilities; the ability to create and maintain a calendar of grant
proposal and application deadlines, as well as the ability and willingness to adhere to said deadlines * Solid database management and reporting
* Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors
* Strong grant writing and fundraising experience with the ability to engage and communicate with a wide range of donors and cultures
* Ability to convey a vision of Sixth Day Dance’s strategic future to potential funders and institutional donors
* Knowledge of grant writing strategies unique to nonprofit sector
* Experience in a deadline-driven atmosphere
Applicants with backgrounds in dance and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Prior experience in non-profit organizations is preferred but not essential
Working with an Executive Director, Board of Directors, and Volunteers passionate about our mission.
Knowledge that our work is enabling the disabled community to learn the new skill of dance.
How to Apply:
If you would like more information please email:
Frances Clark, Executive Director, at Frances@sixthdaydance.org
- Grant Writing / Research
- Dance / Aerobics
- Theater Arts
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- 10 hours per month
- We’re a 100% volunteer-run organization