Help Heal Your Community Through Restorative Justice
Centinela Youth Services is seeking community members invested in making their community safer to volunteer as Surrogate Victims. As a Surrogate Victim, you will represent businesses whom have been victims of petty theft or vandalism, giving a voice to communities everywhere.
Who can be a Surrogate Victim?
Local business persons, retirees or any person with a business background committed to changing the lives of young people.
What does a Surrogate Victim do?
- Volunteer for 2-3 mediations per month (typically lasting 1 hour - 1 ½)
- Explain the impact that petty theft or vandalism has on businesses and the community
- Help youth understand the harms caused by their actions
- Give youth an opportunity to learn and grown from the incident
- Significantly increase the chance that they youth will not be arrested in the future.
How do I sign up?
- Contact Wendy Castro at (310) 970-7775 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- RSVP to attend an Information Session
- Attend a one time 3 hour training
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer 2-3 times per month (3-5 hours)