Balance and Mobility Instructor for Anaheim and Newport Beach Area
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where2 Executive Circle, Suite 175Irvine, CA 92614
Balance and Mobility Volunteer Opportunity
The Council on Aging-Orange County is a private, nonprofit corporation, serving older adults inOrangeCounty since 1973. The Council mission is to promote the independence, health, and dignity of older adults through compassion, education, and advocacy.
The ReConnect Program is a countywide prevention program that benefits adults 26 who are isolated and may be displaying symptoms of depression or other mental health issues. The program’s goal is to help individuals sustain emotional well-being through consistent exposure to reinforced healthy life patterns, education, and support groups.
Position Description: A volunteer Balance and Mobility instructor who is interested in volunteering once or twice a month to conduct a one our Balance and Mobility session for participants on the ReConnect Program and residents of the community. One the First and Third Tuesday of every month from 1:00-2:00pm
- Provide a once or twice a month one hours class.
- Disperse and feedback surveys
- Attend volunteer meetings and in-services.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Ability to develop a sense of trust and rapport with ReConnect participant
- Have at lease one year of experience teaching Balance and Mobility to older adults.
- Sensitivity toward isolated adults
- Have access to transportation or a telephone
- Be fingerprinted through the Department of Justice (free of charge)
- Minimum of 30 hours of Volunteer commitment per year
Schedule: Available during the hours of 9-5pm.
For more information please visit our web site www.coaoc.org or contact
Jena Chomchavalit at: (714) 352-8820 Ext: 209 email@example.com
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 24
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per month
More opportunities with Council on Aging Southern California - Preventative Mental Health Department
- Mandarin Speaking Volunteer
- Vietnamese Speaking Outreach...
- Volunteer ages 60+ for Veteran...
- Friendly Visitor Opportunity
- Volunteer ages 60+ for LGBTIQ...
- Caring Connections Friendly...
- Program Intern
- Korean Speaking Outreach...
- Balance and Mobility Instructor...
- Reassurance Calls Volunteer
- Spanish Speaking Volunteers
- Volunteers ages 60+ for Activity...
- Reassurance Calls Specialist
- Telephone Companion Volunteer