Become an Artist Assistant at the Carnegie Art Museum. Much of the success of the Carnegie Art Museum is due to the generous support of volunteers. We encourage you to share your valuable time and skills with us and make a difference in a child's life by helping inspire and encourage their creativity through the school tour workshops.
The school tour program and youth art workshops are an important part of the Carnegie's education program, and making each visit a motivating, fun and happy experience for each child is a priority. Responsible and dependable volunteers (ages 16 and up) are needed to assist the artist during the workshops, and with set-up, clean-up. This position is recommended for volunteers who enjoy working with children of all ages.
- Commitment of a minimum of 4-6 hours (as needed). School tours and workshops are usually scheduled on Thursday through Saturdays, but there is no set amount of hours each week as it varies from week to week. The school tours and workshops are scheduled ahead of time and volunteers are notified with ample time.
- Volunteers will be scheduled for an orientation and training.
- A love for art, patients willing to be the artist’s extra pair of hands during the workshop, assist with set-up and clean-up, and on occasion help prep supplies, i.e., cutting, gluing, etc...
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hours a week, a minimum of 6 month commitment
- Enjoy children and willingness to help.