VOLUNTEER POSITION: Practice Interview Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: HealthRIGHT 360 Resource Center
COMMITMENT: Fridays from 9 am to 12 pm or Thursdays from 1 pm to 4 pm for 3-4 months.
Make a difference in our clients’ lives! You will be doing a number of things within our department, with a focus on conducting mock interviews for our clients who are re-entering the workforce. Many of our clients haven’t had an interview in years and the practice and feedback you give them is extremely helpful as they strive to create productive and sustainable lives after treatment.
DESIRED SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL QUALITIES:
- Ability to perform and debrief mock interviews with sensitivity
- Provide positive yet truthful feedback
- Must be able to quickly take legible handwritten notes
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and listening skills
- Ability to role model professional behavior and maintain professional boundaries
- Interest in working with diverse, disadvantaged populations including low literacy, learning disabilities, physical disabilities and impaired cognitive functioning
- Willingness to maintain client confidentiality
- Prior professional experience in hiring or management is a plus but not required
TRAINING AND SUPERVISION: You will be provided with a volunteer orientation. You’ll have the opportunity to shadow staff or other volunteers who complete practice interviews with clients, and will be given thorough instructions and support prior to having your own practice interview appointments with individual clients. In addition, as a valuable asset to our team, we’re always available to you if you have questions or concerns.
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Teaching / Instruction
- Special Needs
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- At least 1x a week for at least 3 months