31 people are interested
31 people are interested
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
1. Assists office management by:
a. Answering telephone, directing calls or taking messages.
b. Greeting customers.
c. Making copies, collating and distributing materials as needed .
d. Typing or doing data entry.
e. Filing general information.
f. Assisting with food pantry paperwork if working the agency main desk .
2. Meeting with program staff for volunteer orientation and completeing all necessary volunteer paperwork.
3. Informing program staff of any paperwork needs relating to volunteer experience (such as signatures on time sheets, documentation of participation or evaluation needs for internships/student teaching, etc.).
4. Head Start Program - Encouraging parent involvement in the program and contributing to the positive public relations of the program.
5. Adhering to SCEOC policies and procedures.
About LifeWorks Community Action
39 Bath St PO Box 169, Ballston Spa, NY 12020, US
To establish comprehensive access to programs that provide both the immediate necessities of life and the skills, tools and opportunities our neighbors need to establish security for themselves, their families and communities. We Believe: That all people deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. Structural race, gender and other inequities remain barriers that must be addressed. This nation has the capacity and moral obligation to ensure that no one is forced to endure the hardships of poverty. With hope, adequate resources and opportunities, everyone can reach their fullest potential, and we are committed to achieving that vision. In creating an environment that pursues innovation and excellence through multi-sector partnership and collaboration.
LifeWorks Community Action - formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council (EOC) - is a nonprofit established in 1965 that works to alleviate poverty at the local level in Saratoga County and the Northern Capital Region. We’re proud to be part of a comprehensive network of over 1,000 community action agencies that together serve 98 percent of counties in the United States.
Over the past 50 years, we’ve built a strong network of programs and resources that address the wide range of challenges low-income families face in our community including hunger, utility costs, child care, and language barriers. These programs have helped thousands of neighbors in Saratoga County and beyond meet their immediate needs and work toward economic security.
We are committed to advocating for opportunities, developing solutions and mobilizing the community to end poverty so all families can build a bright, stable future in Saratoga County and the Northern Capital Region.
30 Bath StBallston Spa, NY 12020
October 6, 2021
- Basic Computer Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- flexible, but at least 3 month commitment