ALIVE is seeking individuals to fill Barn Leader positions. These positions are key to the growth and further development of ALIVE Rescue, and will enable us save more lives in the Chicagoland animal population. Positions are un-paid, volunteer roles.
Barn Leader - several positions available
Responsible for managing operations of The Little Barn a minimum of two mornings/evenings per month; shifts run from 8:30 am - 12:30 pm and 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm.
- Ensuring all the dogs go out for a final time and/or receive walks
- Serving dinner
- Giving medication
- Making sure everything is clean and prepped for the next day before securing the building for the night
- Overseeing multiple volunteers
- Handling a wide variety of animal sizes, breeds, and temperaments
This position has the potential to become a member of the Board of Directors, allowing further influence into the organization and an increased ability to make an impact in the rescue community.
Basic requirements include:
- A passion for companion animal welfare and knowledge of animal rescue
- Ability to work independently without constant guidance or assistance
- Ability to work maturely and respectfully with diverse groups of people
- Dedication to the position and regular availability
- Commitment to mission, values, goals and success of ALIVE Rescue
Positions may require evenings, weekends, and off hours. If interested, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you are interested in and a short description of your qualifications.
- Animal Welfare
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 23
- Orientation or Training
- Grant Coordinator
- Fundraising Coordinator and...
- Chicago Community Pet Coalition...
- Social Media Chair
- Volunteers Needed
- Transportation Committee
- Barn Leaders Needed
- Animal Foster Homes Needed
- Community Outreach Chair
- Alive and Running Program Chair...
- Graphic Design Chair
- Grant Writing Co-Chair
- Bequests & Planned Giving Chair
- Home Visit Coordinator
- Adoption Coordinator