We need a volunteer to teach a tai chi class for our elders in South Lake Union. Diabetes and hypertension are serious dangers, especially to low-income seniors. With your help, we can bring gentle, age appropriate exercise into their lives.
- Provide basic instruction in any tai chi form
- Commit to teaching a class once a week for at least 2 months
- Adapt to resident suggestions and need for accommodations
Skills and Requirements:
- Basic familiarity with tai chi (previous instruction experience preferred but not necessary)
- Experience working with older adults preferred
Our residents have specifically requested a tai chi class and are excited to having a fitness activity in the building. It is a great opportunity to gain experience working with seniors in a fun setting!
- Teaching / Instruction
- Spiritual Healing
- Martial Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 1-2 hours a week per site