Rabbits are another unique patient that is admitted to the Center. They need extra attention and specialized care. Baby wild rabbits are cared for by our volunteers in their homes until they are ready to go to a release cage. Handling is kept to a minimum and isolation from human exposure is very important.
You will provide
an isolated room that only you enter to care for the babies.
Food and supplies
scheduled hand feedings based on the age of the babies. (usually 3x/day until they are self feeding 2x/day)
maintain the incubators and specialized housing for the babies and young rabbits.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 hrs/day
- live/work w/i 20 mi of Gainesville, fenced yard
- Construction Manager
- After hours Helpline Assistant
- Rescue / Transport
- Animal Care - Outshelter Opossums
- Animal Care - Outshelter...
- Volunteer Assistant
- Community Relations Assistant
- Animal care - Outshelter rabbits
- Board of Directors - advisory...
- Office Assistant
- Rehab Center - maintenance
- Animal Care - Outshelter Bats