Opossums are another unique patient that is admitted to the Center. They need extra attention and specialized care. Baby opossums are cared for by our volunteers in their homes until they are ready to go to a release cage.
You will provide
an isolated room that only you enter to care for the babies.
Food and supplies
scheduled hand feedings based on the age of the babies. (usually every 3 hrs until they are self feeding 2x/day)
maintain the incubators and specialiazed housing for the babies and young opossums.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 23
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hrs/day
- live w/i 20 mi of Gainesville
- After hours Helpline Assistant
- Rescue / Transport
- Animal Care - Rehab Center
- Animal Care - Outshelter Opossums
- Animal Care - Outshelter...
- Volunteer Assistant
- Community Relations Assistant
- Animal care - Outshelter rabbits
- Board of Directors - advisory...
- Office Assistant
- Rehab Center - maintenance
- Animal Care - Outshelter Bats