Tortoises are one of the unique patients that are admitted to the Center throughout the year. They need extra attention and specialized care when they come in sick or injured. The primary reason they are brought to us are injuries from being hit by a car or chewed up by a dog. These patients take a long time to heal so once they are stable we need extra help from volunteers in their homes until they are ready to be released.
You will provide
an isolated room that only you enter to care for the babies or adults under treatments.
isolation tubs for indoor housing.
an outdoor multi-run enclosure that is protected from predators.
scheduled feedings and medical treatments based on their condition. (usually 1x/day)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 23
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hrs/day
- live w/i 20 mi of Gainesville, fenced yard
- Construction Manager
- After hours Helpline Assistant
- Rescue / Transport
- Animal Care - Outshelter Opossums
- Animal Care - Outshelter...
- Volunteer Assistant
- Community Relations Assistant
- Animal care - Outshelter rabbits
- Board of Directors - advisory...
- Office Assistant
- Rehab Center - maintenance
- Animal Care - Outshelter Bats