We are looking for a caring and attentive Kitchen Aide to help prepare and serve breakfast and lunch to seniors in our senior center. This position requires the person to be able to stand on their feet for hours at a time in the preparation and distribution of food. Kitchen aides are needed between 10am and 2pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
- Assist with food tray set up
- Serve meals to participants
- Assist with after-meal clean up
- Assist with maintaining organization and cleanliness of kitchen and pantry areas
- Communicate with other full time staff and volunteers regarding on-going facility, program, and client needs
- Follow all agency policies and procedures
- Complete other tasks as assigned
- Maintain values of dignity, empowerment, and respect with all seniors, staff, and volunteers of the agency and program.
Kitchen Aides must be able to:
- Follow instruction from the head cook as well as other senior services staff
- Follow all sanitary rules and standards set by the Senior Center
If you have any questions, please contact our Volunteer Coordinators, at 718-784-7447, ext. 133, or email@example.com
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Food Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Available at least one weekday
- Morning and/or Afternoon
- Citizenship Clinic Volunteers!
- Kitchen Aide in Riis Senior Center
- Sport Clinic Facilitators
- Work Readiness Middle School...
- Bilingual Activity Aid -...
- Specialty Group/Workshop...
- Elementary and Middle School...
- Life Skills/Work Readiness...
- SAT Prep Teachers & Tutors
- Maintenance Aid
- Female Motivational Speaker for...