Advocate for children!
64 people are interested
Each year in Delaware County, hundreds of children are victims of violence, sexual abuse and neglect. These children are removed from their homes and are typically placed in temporary foster homes. They are surrounded by strangers. All the while, they are wondering what they have done wrong that has caused them to be taken away from their family, friends, and their home.
- These children are in need of someonewho will speak up for their best interest in court.
- These children are in need of someoneto ensure they receive the services they need.
- These childen are in need of someone who will work to have them placed in a safe, permanent home as soon as possible.
- These children are in need of a familiar face - someone they can trust.
This is where the Court Appointed Special Advocate or CASA volunteer steps in.
THE CASA VOLUNTEER: A POWERFUL VOICE IN A CHILD'S LIFE A Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) is a well-trained community volunteer who is appointed by the judge to advocate for the child's best interest in court. The CASA volunteer becomes a child's constant support - often the only constant in his or her life. The CASA establishes a relationship with the child, investigates and watches over the child, and challenges the system to provide what is in that child's best interests. The CASA makes recommendations about services and living arrangements. These recommendations help the judge to make more informed decisions about who will ultimately raise the child. YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN A CHILD'S LIFE
We'll work with your schedule.
Court Appointed Special AdvocatesDelaware County Juvenile Court140 N. Sandusky St.Delaware, OH 43015
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- After the initial training, about 5-10 hours/month