Help connect children with cancer with their friends and classmates using technology. Volunteer to set up tablet computers and more!
Position: Champion of Hope, Hopecam Program Volunteer
Mission: Hopecam is a 501c3 charitable organization with the mission of using technology to overcome the social isolation of children in treatment for cancer. Recognizing the critical need for socialization with their friends and classmates, Hopecam seeks to bridge the lonely divide between homebound or hospitalized children and their friends at school using tablets, web cameras, and Skype.
To learn more, visit www.hopecam.org
Position Description: The Program Volunteer will provide critical support to Hopecam’s program staff with administrative aspects of the "connection process.". Some of the projects we need volunteer support with include:
- Calling Parents for intake and follow-up
- Calling schools to facilitate Skype connection
- Preparing informational packets to ship to children, schools, and social workers
- Setting up tablets and preparing tablets and webcams to ship to children and schools
- Entering applications into our database, and more!
- Positive attitude and flexibility
- Be a team player willing to "pitch in" in areas not outlined in position description
- Excellent PC skills and well-versed in PC version of Micrsoft Word and Excel
- Detail oriented
- Sense of humor
- Sophisticated interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Reliable transportation to Hopecam office
- Experience working in a school, non-profit, or social service setting
Start Date: Immediately
Minimum Committment: 3 months, 3-4 hours/week (Our business hours are 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Friday)
We are looking for volunteers who can commit to a regular schedule after training. A criminal background check is required prior to start.
If you are looking for a one-time opportunity, please check in for additional postings.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested. No phone calls please.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Administrative Support
- Program Management
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hours/week, minimum 3 month commitment
- Business hours: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, M-F