The Disaster Cadre Member will support in the operations of OneOC’s Emergency Volunteer Center (EVC). The Disaster Cadre Member will provide outreach, support, and partnerships to local organizations in disaster volunteer opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the vision and goals of OneOC and the Emergency Volunteer Center.
- Coordinate and carry out volunteer interviews.
- Coordinate disaster volunteer opportunities with local community based organizations and faith based organizations.
- Attend scheduled Emergency Volunteer Center and OneOC trainings.
- Actively promote Emergency Volunteer Center services to all external contacts.
- Organize workload throughout the day to meet project timelines and deadlines.
- Meet attendance and punctuality requirements; report time and attendance accurately.
- Use skill and judgment to ensure written or verbal outputs are clear, accurate, grammatical and of appropriate tone.
- Answer general interest inquiries and direct calls to the appropriate resources.
- Provide superior customer service to potential and existing clients and volunteers by responding to all requests in a courteous, respectful and prompt manner.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with all contacts. Work well with diverse people and organizations.
TRAING AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Must speak, read and write English. Bilingual a plus!
COMPUTER & EQUIPMENT SKILLS:
- Has good general knowledge of computer operations; uses a keyboard and calculator proficiently and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Uses Microsoft Office Word and Excel as well as Internet and email programs proficiently.
- Uses typical office equipment.
- Sits for extended periods of time at a computer station or work desk. Stands and walks throughout the day.
- Uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment for a minimum of 2 hours on each scheduled day.
- Requires clear vision at 20 inches or less with or without corrective lenses and vision sufficient to use equipment safely.
- Hearing and speech within normal ranges and sufficient for clear communication face to face and on the telephone.
- Lifts up to 10 pounds regularly and 25 pounds occasionally.
- Exposed to typical office environment conditions and noise levels.
MENTAL AND REASONING REQUIREMENTS:
- Uses critical thinking skills to create documents and spreadsheets and interpret information furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Able to set goals based on available information and to plan work in order to meet deadlines. Able to project likely future occurrences based on current or historic data.
- Able to formulate appropriate responses to requests for services and information from internal or external customers.
- Maintains professional behavior, dress and appearance at all times.
- Assists with other duties as assigned on a regular or occasional basis.
- To be available on-call; a minimum of 4 hours per day as assigned during activation of Emergency Volunteer Center.
For more information and to view an informational webinar, please visit: https://www.oneoc.org/volunteers/disaster-volunteering
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment