Engage children by being an Assistant teacher in the Y's offsite before & after school program!
- Assist students with homework, provide one-on-one tutoring and act as a positive role model.
- Share skills and talents.
- Help coordinate craft projects, recreation and other enriching activities.
This is a great opportunity for High School students who are required to complete community service hours for graduation and College students who need community service hours for their classes. We take all majors!
Immediate Assistant Opportunities:
Penngrove Elementary School
Times Needed: Tuesdays/ 2:30 - 4:30pm & March 27-31/ 7am - 6pm
Marguertie Hahn YMCA Childcare
Times Needed: Mon,Wed & Thur / 4:00 - 6:00pm Tuesdays/ 11:30am - 3:00pm
Windsor Redwoods Burbank Housing
Times Needed: Mon - Fri / 7am - 6pm
- Child Development
- Outdoor Recreation
- Teaching / Instruction
- Critical Thinking
- General Education
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum commitment: 2 hours / 1 day a week
- Application, TB test & health screening. Exp teaching in a Pre- or Elementary school setting a plus
- YMCA Child Watch Aide
- Welcome Center Assistant
- 36th Annual Human Race
- Youth & Government Model...
- Youth Overnight Volunteer
- Facilities Assistant
- YMCA Annual Giving Campaign...
- Community Garden Ambassador
- "ASES" Program Tutor
- Diabetes Prevention Program Aide
- Help out with the Crab Feed!
- Enabling Aquatics Aide
- Assistant Teacher
- YMCA Administrative Assistant
- Basketball Coach
- Fitness Aide