Helping Services Domestic Abuse Resource Center serves Howard, Winneshiek, Allamakee, Clayton, Fayette, Chickasaw and Bremer counties in Iowa.
Direct Service Volunteers - requires training which is FREE, background checks and an interview.
- Answer the 24 hour Crisis Line at night or during the weekend.
- Open your home to provide a temporary place to stay for individuals or families who no longer feel safe in their own homes (24-48 hrs).
- Transport individuals or families to a safe place, a court appointment, or other transportation needs. (Mileage may be reimbursed)
- Respond to a crisis situation at a hospital, or police department, to comfort a victim who has been physically assaulted
- Comfort children who have been exposed to violence
- Crisis Intervention
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 shifts/mo M-F 5pm-8am or Sat/Sun 8am-5pm/5pm-8am
- 2 hours continued ed. per year