The Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteer Program pairs Veteran Volunteers with hospice patients who have also served in the U.S. Military. Veteran Volunteers have the unique ability to relate and connect with each patient thereby creating an environment of equal trust, companionship, and building a bond to help veterans in their final stage of life.
What can Veteran Volunteers do for our patients:
- Assist patients in reminiscing and telling life stories
- Educate and assist patients in receiving Veteran benefits
- Take part in Pinning Ceremonies to honor honor those that served before our time
- Distribute certificates for Veterans Day and other recognition events.
If you are interested in helping, please call (402) 934-2376 or via email at email@example.com
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Bereavement Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer Application
- What are your talents? ...
- Manicures Wanted
- After School/Evening Volunteers...
- Administrative Health Volunteers...
- Manicures-Hillcrest Health...
- Chair Exercise/Movement Leader
- Give the best gift of all--your...
- Bereavement Volunteer
- Pet Visitation Volunteers Needed
- Day Volunteers Needed to Assist...
- Piano Players Needed
- Bingo Callers
- Volunteer as a Family
- Pet Visitation-Hillcrest Health...
- Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteer...
- Cosmetologist for Hospice Patients
- Donate your Special Talents to...
- No One Dies Alone - On Call...
- Looking for Volunteer...