Volunteer Citizenship Class Instructors are needed at various East and South County branches of the San Diego County Library.
- Teach civics to prospective citizens using established curriculum, workbooks and materials.
- Help students understand the citizenship application.
- Conduct mock exams to prepare students for citizenship exam.
- Maintain a positive and supportive learning environment.
- 3 hours weekly (class and prep time)
- 6 month commitment
- High School Diploma
- U.S. citizen
- Fluent English speaker
- Pass County's background check
- Citizenship or ESL teaching experience preferred, but not required
- Bilingual speakers (English/Spanish, English/Arabic) are encouraged to apply.
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Cross-cultural Communication
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours per week for six months
- High School diploma