Summary : Washington Autism Alliance & Advocacy (WAAA) is an amazing and exciting organization that does cutting edge work on behalf of individuals with ASD/DD and their families. You could be part of this amazing work!
We are actively seeking candidates for our Board of Directors who are men and women of achievement and who can make significant contributions to the work of the Board and the progress of WAAA.The primary function of our Board is to help with fundraising and capacity building, so experience in this area is a must. We are dedicated to improving access to healthcare, education and social services for individuals with autism across their lifespan. For more information about WAAA see: http://www.washingtonautismadvocacy.org
- Personal connection and passion for helping individuals with autism and their families get essential health care and educational services.
- Understanding and appreciation of the needs of a small non-profit organization, including development of resources for its family support services and need for active involvement of the Board
- Connections to organizations and individuals in Washington state and Puget Sound area who share the passion for supporting WAAA and have the ability to develop resources for its family support services
- Ability to communicate and connect with legislators, organizations and individuals about the importance of WAAA's mission and activities
Please send a brief bio that reflects related experiences to desired characteristics to info@WashingtonAutismAdvocay.org along with days/times you're available for a 30-min information meeting.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Public Relations
- Strategic Planning
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 hrs per week
- One year minimal commitment