Thank you so much for expressing interest in volunteering with our Gift of Time Program, we would love to have your help!
We offer our quarterly Gift of Time event to two age groups: kids from 5-10 or tweens/teens 11 to 18 years who have ASD. They participate in recreational activities in a safe and calm environment. Our volunteers partner up with these children and engage in socially appropriate activities.
Activities include playing board games, interactive social games, and electronic games; engaging in gross motor and sensory activities; watching movies in the auditorium; and more.
Plus, they can always move to one of the cozy corners to avoid overstimulation. Above all, they get to have fun and learn teamwork and cooperation in a comfortable, low-key setting under the watchful eye of you, our volunteers
and our behavioral health staff.
Our next Gift of Time event is going to be a Sensory Gym - Mobility Matters:
When: Monday, January 16th, 2017 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Where: Totem Lake Ward LDS Church, 13220 NE 132nd St Kirkland WA 98034
Serving Ages: 3-12 years old
Why we need volunteers:
We're a volunteer run organization serving approximately 2400 children and adolescents statewide. Most of our member families
- don’t qualify for any social services or aid and
- pay out of pocket for therapies that leaves them no money to afford them a chance to recruit and train childcare
What volunteering with WAAA means for you:
- Opportunity for lifelong family connections
- A reference point on your resume
- A stepping stone for your career in social work, psychology, special education, nonprofit administration and more!
What your volunteered time means to our families:
- promotes socially significant interaction between children and teens with autism and the program volunteer mentors,
- improves leisure skills and provides member families with much needed respite
- strengths natural supports in participating communities
- Youth Services
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 hours per quarter