It's Hammer Time~
ORGANIZATION: Sacramento Habitat for Humanity
Please visit the new page to apply.
Volunteers are the backbone to our success in building "Hope and Homes" for low income families in Sacramento County which enables SHfH to offer a zero interest mortgage with no down payment.
Area's needed for volunteer efforts are in Construction, our ReStore or the Adminstrative Office.
You do not have to be a skilled carpenter to help a family realize their dream of homeownership, "one nail at a time," "one family at a time."
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Sacramento Habitat for Humanity
819 North 10th Street, SACRAMENTO, CA 95811, US
Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento is part of a global, nonprofit housing organization operated on Christian principles that seeks to put God’s love into action by building homes, communities and hope. Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento is dedicated to eliminating substandard housing locally and worldwide through constructing, rehabilitating and preserving homes; by advocating for fair and just housing policies; and by providing training and access to resources to help families improve their shelter conditions. Habitat for Humanity was founded on the conviction that every man, woman and child should have a simple, durable place to live in dignity and safety, and that decent shelter in decent communities should be a matter of conscience and action for all.
- Recognize our social and moral responsibility to help the working poor
- Seek and work in dynamic partnerships to develop our community
- Work to increase overall home ownership in Sacramento County
- We are a non-profit 501(c)(3), private, non-governmental organization
- Serve Sacramento and Yolo County by relying on the local community for volunteers, materials, services and financial contributions to fulfill our mission
- An empowerment program, not an entitlement program, giving people a hand-up not a handout.
September 6, 2022