95 people are interested
Tutor an Adult in Basic Reading, Writing, and Spelling
ORGANIZATION: Contra Costa County Library - Lafayette Library
Please visit the new page to apply.
95 people are interested
We will train you to tutor an adult in your community who wants to learn basic reading, writing, and spelling. Get to know someone new as you help a Contra Costa County neighbor build literacy skills and achieve personal goals, like earning their driver’s license, reading to a child, or passing the citizenship exam.
Project Second Chance (PSC) learners reflect the diversity of our multicultural County. We encourage potential volunteers from a wide range of backgrounds to join us.
- are kind, empathetic people. No experience needed - we’ll provide all necessary training and materials.
- can read, write, and communicate in English
- have 4 to 6 hours per week to volunteer (3 hours tutoring plus prep/travel)
- can meet with a learner twice a week at a time that works for both, either virtually or at a public place (usually the local library)
- are 21 years of age or older
Could this be a fit for you? Want to learn more? Complete an online Prospective Tutor Orientation, then sign up for tutor training. https://ccclib.org/psc-prospective-tutor/
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Contra Costa County Library - Lafayette Library
952 Moraga Rd., Lafayette, CA 94549, US
Bringing People and Ideas Together
The Contra Costa County Library seeks to engage the talents, skills and commitment of volunteers to serve the communities' information and literacy needs. With 27 locations, our libraries offer a variety of skilled volunteer opportunities to make a meaningful contribution to library programs, operations, fundraising events and other community engagement functions. Skilled volunteers have opportunities to lead projects, work with teams of staff and volunteers, learn new skills, and have fun.
Various Contra Costa County Libraries3491 Mt. Diablo Blvd.Lafayette, CA 94549
August 25, 2022
- Literacy / Reading
- Reading / Writing
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Adult Education
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 90 min lessons, 2x/wk, plus travel and prep, 1+ yr
- Comfortable with your own reading, writing, and spelling skills. No teaching experience required. First step is to complete a Tutor Orientation to learn more. Please visit ccclib.org/psc or call 925-691-3960 for details.